Two bystanders struck after Cheviot police chase | News
CHEVIOT, OH (FOX 19)- Two people were struck after a chase and crash Wednesday afternoon in Cheviot.
Hamilton County sheriffs deputies tried pulling over a white Toyota on Interstate 74 as part of a heroin investigation.
The suspect, Stephen Davenport, 23, refused to stop, and eventually crashed at Harrison Avenue and North Bend Road. At least one Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy cruiser suffered damage from the crash.
One shot was fired during the incident, but its unclear who fired the shot.
Officers say the suspects tossed some heroin out of their car window.
Davenport is charged with trafficking drugs, possession of drugs, weapon under disability, fleeing and eluding and tampering with evidence.
Two people suffered minor injuries while they were walking on the sidewalk and were struck during the crash.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cincinnati State respiratory therapy earns second place honors
- Molina Healthcare hiring 300 workers, job fair next Tuesday
- Sketch released of Norwood murder suspect
- Montgomery council selects mayor, vice mayor
- Cincinnati Franciscan Friars to bless Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock, national award-winning beer