Family displaced after house fire in Westwood | News
WESTWOOD, OH (FOX19)- Cincinnati fire crews battled a house fire in Westwood on Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the blaze was reported around 10:15 a.m. in the 2300 block of Iroll Avenue. Upon arrival, the house was fully engulfed in flames with heavy smoke in the area. Crews were forced to attack the fire from outside of the home because of the intense flames and holes in the floorboards.
Most of the fire was contained with 10 to 15 minutes, but wasn't completely put out until two hours later. Crews were forced to swap firefighters to reduce exposure to the cold.
All occupants were able to make it out of the home safely, but have been displaced as a result. No one was hurt.
The damage is estimated at $60,000, and the building is considered a total loss.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cincinnati State respiratory therapy earns second place honors
- Molina Healthcare hiring 300 workers, job fair next Tuesday
- Sketch released of Norwood murder suspect
- Montgomery council selects mayor, vice mayor
- Cincinnati Franciscan Friars to bless Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock, national award-winning beer