Local girl fundraising to donate American Girl dolls to Children's patients | News
PRICE HILL (FOX19)- A local girl is using her skill to make a difference for sick children in the Tri-State.
'Kai's Love Hats', a project started by a girl named Kailey, raises money to purchase American Girl Dolls for female patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
Kailey knits colorful hat sets for girls and their dolls and sells the sets for $10. She will be selling these at Price Hill Chili on Tuesday evening, from 4 to 8 p.m.
All of the money raised from the sale of Kai's Love Hats is used to purchase American Girl Dolls for Children's Hospital patients.
Kailey says her goal is to raise enough money to donate 100 dolls to the hospital. So far, she has given 44 of the 100 dolls.
She says her love of American Girl Dolls and helping others are what inspired her to start the project.
Those interested in purchasing a hat set or making a donation can do so at the event.
Price Hill Chili is located at 4920 Glenway Avenue.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cincinnati State respiratory therapy earns second place honors
- Molina Healthcare hiring 300 workers, job fair next Tuesday
- Sketch released of Norwood murder suspect
- Montgomery council selects mayor, vice mayor
- Cincinnati Franciscan Friars to bless Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock, national award-winning beer