CityLink Center opens in West End | News
WEST END, OH (FOX19)- After more than nine years in the making, CityLink Center officially opened for clients, partners and visitors on Tuesday.
The idea is that the massive facility at 800 Bank St. will give low-income clients one place to go and get the help they need to work their way out of poverty.
The project is backed by local churches, including Crossroads, New Jerusalem Baptist Church and Vineyard Community Church.
It faced criticism and legal challenges early on, but an Ohio Supreme Court ruling in 2008 cleared the way for its construction at the cost of more than $12 million.
The center's goal is to serve 1,000 clients in multiple programs during its first year and grow from there. The grand opening ceremony will include words from key partners and city leaders including Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory, followed but a tour of the facility. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Westside
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cincinnati State respiratory therapy earns second place honors
- Molina Healthcare hiring 300 workers, job fair next Tuesday
- Sketch released of Norwood murder suspect
- Montgomery council selects mayor, vice mayor
- Cincinnati Franciscan Friars to bless Moerlein Emancipator Doppelbock, national award-winning beer