Sam's Club celebrating major remodel by giving back | Business
MONTFORD HEIGHTS, OH (FOX19) - The Sam's Club located in Montford Heights is set to reopen to the public after a major renovation.
From new floors and refrigerators, to a state-of-the-art oven for the bakery and expanded parking lot, the remodeling is the most extensive in the club’s nearly 18 year history.
A special ribbon-cutting ceremony is being held on Friday, October 19 at 9:30 a.m. where Sam’s Club managers and associates will join city and Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce officials to give back to the community with donations.
Officials will present a total of $6,000 to community groups.“These renovations represent a significant moment, not only for our current and future Sam’s Club members, but for the whole community, of which we are proud to call our club a member,” said Mills. “This Friday we will honor community groups with substantial donations, but each month and year, we are proud to regularly support many worthy local causes with not only financial giving, but our time as well.”
The following five Cincinnati groups will receive donations:
- A $2,000 donation to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Drug and Poison Information Center which provides poison prevention, drug abuse prevention and education, health and wellness, and community outreach and education that is supported by a 24-hour hotline.
- A $1,000 donation to “My Cincinnati” (Price Hill) Music for Youth, which is a free after-school music program that offers students in Price Hill the opportunity to study an instrument and play in an orchestra.
- A $1,000 donation to the Center for Chemical Addictions Treatment. Established in 1970 as a halfway house for men only; the Center has since expanded significantly and now serves nearly 1,000 adult men and women annually.
- A $1,000 donation to Trinity Hill UCC Children's Place which supports early education from children ranging from 6 weeks to 12 years old.
- A $1,000 to Westfork Christian Fellowship which manages a pantry to help people in need of with groceries, cleaning supplies, and other staples.
Sam's Club is located at 5375 N. Bend Road.