Plenty of reasons to haunt Public Library branches this Halloween | Arts & Culture
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - From the littlest ghost to the biggest ghoul, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is offering up a cauldron full of Halloween events at select branches starting Oct. 23 and running through Oct. 31. Some SPOOKtacular highlights are:
- Mystical Nights - Tarot Card Readings: 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct 24, at the Main Library, Reading Garden Lounge. Experience the magic of Patricia Garry, local mystic, as she reads tarot cards. See what the future holds for you. For entertainment purposes only. Adults.
- Westwood Haunted Tour: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Westwood Branch. Is the Westwood community haunted? Join us and various community sponsors in a ghost hunting tour of the Westwood area. All ages.
- TeenSpot's Annual Halloween Party: 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26 at the Main Library’s TeenSpot. Play Live Clue, survive our haunted stacks, and eat deliciously creepy food. Registration required. Teens.
- Readings of Another Kind: 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27 at the Main Library, Reading Garden Lounge. Partake in a group physic reading and watch as renowned clairvoyant Victor Paruta makes metaphysical connections with audience members. Victor is the host of Ohio's largest metaphysical convention, The Victory of Light Expo. He has been voted best psychic by Cincinnati Magazine and he is a regular guest on radio and television including ABC's “The View.” Adults.
- Magic in Mariemont: 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at the Mariemont Branch. Enjoy the talents of teen magician Ben Klayer. All ages.
- Glow in the Dark Party Spider Balls: 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29 at the Hyde Park Branch. Create your very own glow in the dark masterpiece just in time for Halloween or that cool party you're planning on hosting. Registration required. Teens
- The Mysteries of Yuck: 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, at the Price Hill Branch. Just in time for Halloween, a program about yucky, creepy things! Presented by the Hamilton County Park District. Children.
- Spooky Sounds in the Library - Theremin Music by Nebula Girl and "Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror”: Tuesday, Oct. 30, at the Main Library, Reading Garden Lounge. Celebrate Halloween with spooky sounds of the theremin performed by Nebula Girl at 6 p.m. and then at 7 p.m. watch the classic silent German Expressionist horror film "Nosferatu" with a live soundtrack guaranteed to tingle spines and raise hairs. Spooky experimental music provided by Mark Shafer, Dark Elf and others. All ages.
For a complete program list, go to www.cincinnatilibrary.org/news/2012/halloweenprograms.html.
Be sure to check out the Library’s booklist at http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/booklists/?id=halloween for that frightfully good story to keep you up at night. We’ve got recipe books full of Halloween party treats, real-life ghost hunting tales, friendly monster tales for kids, macabre master Stephen King and more.