Auditions for upcoming shows at Covedale Center for the Performing Arts | Arts & Culture
WEST PRICE HILL, OH (FOX19) - The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts is holding auditions for upcoming shows, Why Do Fools Fall In Love and Legally Blonde. The auditions for both shows are being held Sunday, October 21 and Monday, October 22 from 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts on Glenway Avenue in West Price Hill.
Organizer's are searching for four adult female performers to fill spots for Why Do Fools Fall In Love.
Must be 20 + years of age. Must have a resume listing theatrical experience in order to audition. A headshot/picture is appreciated but not required. Please prepare 1-2 minutes of a 1960'S pop song or a Broadway song in that style (For Example: Songs from Hairspray or Grease) that shows off your vocal range. Both a ballad and an up-tempo from the era are preferred but not required. You may be asked to read from the script and/or do a short, movement audition.
Please note: List all known conflicts on the audition form. Those with extensive conflicts will not be considered. All roles are paid positions. No roles have been precast.
MILLIE: The bride-to-be. 20's to 30’s. (Mezzo/alto)
FLORENCE: Their shy friend. 20-30's. (Alto/bass)
SALLY: Her sassy friend. 30-40's. (Mezzo-soprano)
DEE DEE: Flo's cousin. 20-30's. (Mezzo-soprano)
Rehearsals for Why Do Fools Fall In Love will begin on Monday, Jan. 14, 2013 with performances Feb. 28 - March 24.
Adult performers are needed for several characters in Legally Blonde.
Must be 18 + years of age. MUST HAVE A RESUME listing theatrical experience in order to audition. A headshot/picture is appreciated but not required. Auditionees will be asked to read of the script, sing a musical theatre song that best represents his/her voice and will be asked to complete a dance audition. Please dress appropriately for dance audition (no sweats or baggy clothing).
Please note: No more than two conflicts will be accepted during the rehearsal process for this production. All roles are paid positions. No roles have been precast.
Characters include: 3 Men, 7 Women, and Large Highly Featured Ensemble. Including:
- BROOKE WYNDAM An exercise video star who is also a former sorority girl A3 - G5
Alto or Soprano
- CHUTNEY A serious Indian law student
- ELLE WOODS The quintessential Valley Girl who follows her ex-boyfriend to Harvard Law School and realizes that she has more to offer than just a pretty face and a bubbly personality Gb2 - G5
- ELLE'S DAD Elle's rich, golfer father D3 - E#4 Baritone
- ELLE'S MOM Elle's socialite, country-clubing mother C4 - E5 Alto
- EMMETT FORREST A smart and sensitive law student who takes Elle under his wing
B2 - A4 Tenor
- ENID A mousy, intellectual law student G3 - G5 Soprano Belt
- KATE Bb3 - Eb5 Alto
- KYLE (UPS GUY) A great-looking, in-shape employee of the United Postal Services
- LEILANI B3 - Eb5 Alto
- MANAGER G3 - C5 Alto
- MARGOT A pretty and funny California sorority girl G#3 - F5 Soprano Belt
- PAULETTE A brash and funny hair stylist who is friends with Elle and longs to find a man for herself A3 - A5 Soprano Belt
- PILAR A pretty and funny California sorority girl G#3 - F5 Soprano Belt
- PROFESSOR CALLAHAN A pompous and manipulative law professor at Harvard
A2 - F#4 Baritone
- SERENA A pretty and funny California sorority girl G#3 - F5 Soprano Belt
- VIVIENNE KENSINGTON A smart and savvy law student who initially dismisses Elle, but grows to be her friend A3 - F5 Soprano Belt
- WARNER HUNTINGTON III A good-looking, but pompous guy who breaks Elle's heart
Eb3 - Ab4 Tenor
If you are auditioning for both productions, please provide headshots and resumes for both shows. Please note: It is not possible to do both shows as they are back to back productions.
For more information on auditions, contact us at (513) 241 – 6550. Check us out on the web @ www.cincinnatilandmarkproductions.com